Saturday, October 25, 2014

Stellar Metamorphosis: A Letter to a Friend

I remember when I made the discovery that Earth is an ancient star. I was convinced by my girlfriend at the time to take the discovery to a professor of astronomy at the local college. You know what happened? Nothing. He just gave me a blank stare and then went into telling me how "it works". It was so awkward. It was like I was talking to a wall. That day I realized something very, very important which I want you to understand as well: Graduate students these days are conditioned minds. They are told what to believe, what to think, how to think and other things like how to acquire grants, funds, etc. 

 I learned the scientific community has social constructs which are deeply rooted in what they were taught in school. Stars are fusion reactors, the universe came from some giant explosion, the Earth is just a bunch of rocks. These ideas couldn't be further from the truth. 

If you question/replace those ideas with new understanding, you undermine the social fabric of the scientific community itself. You cause trouble. They don't want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Helpful comments will be appreciated, but if the user does not want to address the issues being presented they will be ignored. This is a blog dedicated to trying to explain how to make sense of the discovery that planet formation is star evolution itself, not a blog for false mainstream beliefs.